Monday, March 15, 2010

Ides of March

For those of you who do not remember your Julius Caesar trivia, this title will not carry much meaning. But for me each day and DATE means a lot. Today is the 15th of March and, well, no sign of BB yet. I am in no rush....my pregnancy has been a breeze. In fact, I have enjoyed it so much that I will genuinely miss being pregnant. I am, however, anxious to get labor over with and have a healthy BB in my arms.

Back to the dates. The sentimental part of me is still stuck on March 13th as the BIG day. Yes, I realize this was 2 days ago and impossible at this point, but funny how you can get attached to a date and what it means when you say it nearly every day for 9 months. But alas, we are now left with the 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st of March as our options. BB has a 100% chance of having one of these dates as his birthday, and a 14% chance for any one in particular. Out of those 7, he has some pretty cool options, including: the fun distinction of a proud Irish St. Patty's Day begining (17th); being born on the1st day of spring (20th) - or, as Jeff likes to say it, being "sprung" on the first day of spring; and sharing his birthday with his dear aunt Bridgette (21st). If it were to happen today, the Ides of March, then BB would share the date with the ill-fated, accurate prediction of Julius Ceaser's assassination.

Like his name, there is much debate about when BB will arrive, an extensive poll at work and among family. And like his name, we will not know for certain until the moment arrives. Only time will tell. So as I sit here typing away enjoying my 1st day of maternity leave - bags packed, camera charged, Ham prepped and husband briefed (after multiple failed fire drills) - I sit in anticpation with family and friends on stand-by........

Experience is the teacher of all things- Julius Caesar

and for after the delivery.....

I came, I saw, I conquered- Julius Caesar

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping for St. Paddy's Day! I kept waking up last night checking my cell phone for messages. This waiting is tough!

Love, Great Aunt Kelley